March 7

Numbers 8:1-9-23, Mark 13:14-37, Psalm 50:1-23, Proverbs 10:29-30


Pray: Father, forgive me for the many times I have tried to get You to go where I wanted You to go. Remind me that I’m to follow You, not the other way around. The children of Israel could watch the cloud of Your presence and know when to stay still or when to follow after. I have Your WORD and I have Your Holy Spirit living within me. Help me to focus and get to really know both. Then, when You move, I will move as well.


Read: Numbers 9:21 tells us concerning Israel , “So they camped or traveled at the Lord’s command, and they did whatever the Lord told them through Moses. The children of Israel saw that the place of God’s presence was overshadowed by a cloud by day and by fire at night. There was no doubt about where God was. And when the cloud or fire moved…the children of Israel moved. Oh, that following God were so easy today! Today, we have far more than commandments written on stone. We have 66 books written by men of God full of the Holy Spirit. And we have the Spirit of God indwelling us. But we must focus on both in order to follow. We must get to know God’s Word like Israel knew Moses’ words. And we must get to know the cloud by day and the fire by night which is the Holy Spirit in us.


Edify: Mark 13:35 tells us that we must keep watch for we don’t know when the master of the household will return—in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak. Don’t let Him find you sleeping when He arrives without warning. I say to you what I say to everyone: watch for Him! My golden retriever, Scooter, lives a dog’s life. He is one happy dog. But the focus of his day is his human mommy and daddy---us. His eyes and ears are always towards us. Who is the focus of your day? Are you always waiting and watching for the promptings of the Holy Spirit?


Practice: Start everyday by putting God first. Don’t leave your home until you have looked for Him. Just utter a simple prayer, “God I’m here and I want to watch for You and follow You today.” Quiet yourself. Wait. He knows you are looking and He rewards those who seek His face.

No comments:

Post a Comment