October 8

Jeremiah 10:1-11:23, Colossians 3:18-4:18, Psalm 78:56-72, Proverbs 24:28-29


Pray: Lord, help me to be gracious when I feel anything but gracious. Remind me that I am Your witness to those that don’t know You. My words matter. My actions matter. And the people I interact with matter!


Read:(Colossians 4:2, 5-6) "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone." Have you ever witnessed someone acting up in traffic and then notice a Christian symbol or sticker on the rear window of their vehicle? As Christians we prepare ourselves for the day ahead by giving ourselves to prayer, keeping alert minds throughout the day, and by being thankful. Our actions throughout the day are a living testimony of what we believe. They say far more about our faith than the fact that our car is in a church parking lot on Sundays.


Edify: Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly. When I was in Israel a number of years ago I saw a Palestinian family walking along the road. The man was riding a donkey in front. His wife followed carrying a young child. And two young children walked a few steps behind her. Such was the plight of Arab women at that time. Few were educated. Paul would have had the women on the donkey with the man leading the animal. But here is the thing, Paul was talking to the church and not to an Arab audience. Even in the church, men are failing to love their wives and treat them with respect. Do you want God’s blessing men? Then honor your wives!


Practice: Practice serving your wives. Treat them in such a way that the world marvels at your care and concern. Remember that prayers offered by men that do not honor their wives are hindered. (I Peter 3:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment