October 9

Jeremiah 12:1-14:10, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-2:8, Psalm 79:1-13, Proverbs 24:30-34 


Pray: Heavenly Father, thank You for Your goodness and mercy. God help me to trust in Your goodness and trust in Your path for my life. Give me a vision of tomorrow but discipline me for today to be obedient to Your call in my life. Let Your Holy Spirit guide me today and give me words when I need words and silence when I need silence. 


Read: (1 Thessalonians 1:4-7) "We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people. For when we brought you the Good News, it was not only with words but also with power, for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance that what we said was true. And you know of our concern for you from the way we lived when we were with you. So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. In this way, you imitated both us and the Lord. As a result, you have become an example to all the believers in Greece-throughout both Macedonia and Achaia."


Edify: The Holy Spirit is the very power of God. It empowers us as believers to live a life that is pleasing to God. We often spend much of our time trying to please other people. How is that working for you? It's exhausting to try and please those around us. Paul ends chapter 2 in 1 Thessalonians by saying "We loved you so much that we share with you not only God's Good News but our own lives, too." 


Practice: Instead of trying to please others, share God's Good News with them. Everyone is looking for hope, literally every person you or I come in contact with today will be seeking hope. Whatever season of life we find ourselves in, we all need to be reminded that God moved heaven and earth to rescue and save us. Let our focus today be on the saving grace that we find in Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment